MOORE — The Moore Public Library has announced the schedule for its free computer classes for October.
Classes take place in the Computer Training Center of the library, 225 S. Howard Ave.
Registration is required separately for each class. To register, visit the library, call 793-4349, or register online at the Events Calendar at justsoyouknow.us/moore.
The schedule for October includes:
· Oct. 12, 9:30 a.m. —Computer Basics: An introduction to the computer with practice using a mouse.
· Oct. 16, 9:30 a.m. — E-Mail Basics: Learn the basics of using e-mail, including reading, sending, and deleting messages. Receive assistance with signing up for a free e-mail address.
· Oct. 18, 6:30 p.m. — Basic Microsoft PowerPoint 2010: An introduction to the presentation software Microsoft PowerPoint 2010. Participants will create a small presentation. Intermediate computer skills are recommended.
· Oct. 19, 9:30 a.m. —Advanced E-Mail: Learn advanced options of using e-mail. Includes working with folders and attachments. E-Mail Basics or equivalent is a prerequisite.
· Oct. 23, 9:30 a.m. —Basic Microsoft Word 2010: Learn the basics of word processing software Microsoft Word 2010. Includes opening and saving a document and manipulating document text.
· Oct. 26, 9:30 a.m. — Intermediate Microsoft Word 2010: Learn intermediate word processing skills using Microsoft Word 2010, such as cut and paste, among others. Basic Microsoft Word 2010 or equivalent is a prerequisite.
· Oct. 30, 9:30 a.m. — Basic Windows 7: Introduction to the operating software Microsoft Windows 7. Includes exploring the computer desktop and understanding the basics of Windows 7.